- Threading operations place very high requirments on carbide inserts.
- Extremely high tangential forces are concentrated on the corner of the insert with a very small fillet radius.
- The thread size often requires a lot of feed compared to normal turning operations, while the machining edge of the insert needs clearance on the flank side.
- It should be added that the machining process generates large amount of heat.
- The dedicated WIDIA system guarantees successful operations, even in demanding and difficult environment.